Thursday, February 2, 2012

Filming Tips

What kind of camera to use?
When I make a movie with my class I usually just use a normal digital camera for pictures.  I just put it in movie mode.  I've always used a canon digital camera myself because I find it is very user-friendly but it can be almost any brand.  Before starting, however, make sure that the format that the movie clip is in is compatible with movie maker.  Not all digital cameras are compatible and having to convert a file first is an annoying first step and doesn't usually turn out that nice.

Once you have your camera and have storyboarded your idea you are ready to film.
Filming
One thing that I always recommend is pressing record before saying action.  It is always easier to cut out that extra bit then to not have enough footage. Sometimes we might hit record a split second too late and miss on the very beginning of the scene. This is especially true if you will be using transitions because transitions make two clips overlap and you probably don't want to overlap on part of your dialogue.  You need a little bit of wiggle room on your clip to play with.

No comments:

Post a Comment